Within implementation of Export Strategy of Ukraine (‘road map’ of strategical trade development) for the period of 2017 – 2021 approved by Resolution of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on December 27, 2017 No. 1017, Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine carried out the survey from December 2019 to March 2020 in order to find out exporters’ opinion regarding further steps of currency liberalization and effects of the Law of Ukraine ‘On Currency and Currency Transactions’.
There were following groups among 85 exporters that took part in the survey:
- 9% – medium-sized enterprises with 51 – 200 employees;
- 1% – small-sized enterprises with less than 50 employees;
- 5% – enterprises with over 500 employees;
- 5% – enterprises with 201 – 500 employees.
Considering volumes of exported goods and (or) services, all respondents may be divided into three groups:
- enterprises with income from export up to USD 500 k(42.8%);
- enterprises with income from export from USD 500 k to USD 1 mln (23.5%);
- enterprises with income from export over USD 1 mln(28.2%).
Expectations of the overwhelming majority of respondents from this reform and entering into the force of the mentioned Law are positive. It is envisaged introduction of foreign trade liberalization, equal rights for all market participants as well as creation of clear and transparent legislation. However, the study also showed opposite views – some exporters believe that the situation after reform implementation will not change.
You can find detail information in brochure ‘Results of exporters survey on currency liberalization.